Monday, January 23, 2017

Hot Seat


Hot Seat

We arrived in Aguascalientes, Mexico on a hot, dusty afternoon after a long flight from the States. I was traveling with two other pastors to minister at several local churches in the area. This was not our first trip to Aguascalientes. Over the years, a strong relationship had developed between sister churches in Mexico and our network of church back home.

We checked into the Best Western motel and were assigned a room. After unpacking, one of the pastor’s opening the bathroom door yelled as he saw the walls splattered with blood. It was obvious we couldn't stay in that room. The front desk gave us another room, one without all the gore.

By now I needed to use the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet, I began to feel a little warm. I thought maybe I was tired and was in need of a nap. I began to sweat thinking I was coming down with the flu or something worse. Finally, I was so warm and nauseous that I had to get up. As I stood up my hand brushed the porcelain toilet; it was hot to the touch. What the heck was going on?

I called for my friends to come into the bathroom and check out the toilet. We soon discovered that whoever did the plumbing hooked up the hot water line instead of the cold water line to the toilet. Although I did not scald myself, I had a big red ring on my rear end; a reminder that one cannot be too careful when traveling outside the country.

I scratched my head trying to find a Bible quote to leave with you with but none comes to mind. Just a travel trip that if you ever find yourself in Aguas at the Best Western make sure you check out the plumbing before sitting on the throne!



No comments:

Post a Comment