Monday, August 20, 2018

CCII


CCII

One of the advantages of a liberal arts education is learning Roman Numerals. It allows me to read the dates on important building cornerstones as well as which Super Bowl is which. Little did I know that memorizing these obscure numbers would have a lasting use later in life. One might well heed the wisdom of the ancients, never knowing when it will come in handy in the 21st century.

This blog marks the 202nd (CCII for the uninitiated) blog of the Mangy Moose. The reason I know this is that the app I use to publish keeps track. When I started back in 2014 I had no idea that my writing would get this far out of hand. Maybe a few random thoughts written down here and there would do.  I have acquired a habit of sitting down with my I Pad Mini, my second one since starting this blog, and sharing thoughts and stories that have accumulated in my memory over the years.

More than once I have come close to shutting down the Mangy Moose. Every time I mention this to one of my ardent readers they plead with me to keep on going. I have heard that it has become a Monday morning staple for people while they sip their coffee. One reader told me that my blog is his favorite toilet reading. I understand since I have dedicated more than one article to that bodily function.

Although I struggle at times to come up with a story or an opinion you might enjoy, I love to share with my readers real life experiences whether they be personal, church, or politically incorrect opinions. I trust you take most of what I share with a tongue in cheek attitude. I hope I have not embarrassed my wife, my children or my siblings. If I have, they will just have to live with it.

Every once in a while a reader will respond with a pithy comment or two. Sometimes family members will call to let me know that what I wrote is not exactly how they remember it. Feel free to comment on Facebook, a text message, a phone call or even face to face. I can handle the fame!

Here’s to going ahead to blog CCC.



No comments:

Post a Comment