Monday, January 7, 2019

Chuck


Chuck

I wasn’t much in the mood to look for a new truck. The hassle of trying to find a vehicle to replace my old one would be time consuming. I checked a few lots but didn’t have any luck. Then I asked the Lord that if he thought I should have a newer truck to please point it out to me.

No kidding, the very next day on the way to Thanksgiving dinner at my son’s house, I saw a truck with a For Sale sign on it. The next morning, I stopped and took a look: a 2007 ¾ ton GMC HD with 87,000 miles. I called the number, and this is the message I got: “This is Chuck. You got to talk loud because I am hard of hearing and this message recorder isn’t worth …….” I thought I got to meet this guy.

Just as I hung up, I heard a deep voice behind me, “You interested in buying my truck?” It was the same voice I heard on the recorder. It was a Chuck. A white-haired man wearing a red baseball cap with a Marine insignia on it. Introducing myself, I said yes, I was interested in buying his truck.

To make a long story short my son, Tim, and I took it for a drive. What a truck: power everything, Sirius radio, heated leather seats, crew cab doors, Rhino Lining bed, deluxe running boards even Weather Tech floor mats. This was more than I had hoped or prayed for.

Chuck and I shook hands on the deal. Two days later when we met at the bank to secure the loan and give him the check, Chuck pulled me aside and said that he had been asking the Lord to bring someone along who would really like his truck and would take good care of it. Then he said, “You are that man.”

I am sitting in my home office writing this blog looking out the window at my new pickup truck. It is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned; also, the easiest one to find thanks to the Lord. Oh, by the way, Chuck called me a few days after the purchase to tell me some added features. Then he said: “Dan, I have been thanking the Lord that you bought my truck. It is answered prayer.”

Thank you, Lord, for answered prayer and the opportunity to meet Chuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment